Saturday 4 June 2016

Hope's Awakening.

My hand closes on sand. I can't feel my face, but that's normal. I don't seem to have my mask either though which is less normal... What do I remember?... Dying mostly. Repeatedly in fact... I remember... The Archangel... Bastard took my body for a Joyride and got me killed again and then... Static? That's weird... I've never experienced mind static before. Oh right I remember now I got possessed by a God of Chaos and basically tried to destroy the world. Ahh fun times... I think I died again after that... No wait I didn't die... That bastard Jack pushed me into some kind of vortex... Tried to imprison Chaos and me. Not sure what happened to Chaos, but I don't think I'm in prison. Though I also can't currently see anything, so hard to tell. I hear waves though, so probably a beach. How many prisons have beaches? I don't actually know the answer to that question and I don't think I'll be able to get an answer. Okay... So, I'm blind again which sucks, but that doesn't mean I'm helpless. Not me. Stand up and let's feel our way around. 

Or let's trip on something in the sand and fall over... that works too. Hmm... Is this my machete? Did I have my machete before? 

"Champion!" oh god I'm hearing voices in my head.

"Traveler from another realm, Sergei Korchaviv, you have been chosen as a Champion of this realm. We bestow upon you The Machete of Hope!" Machete of Hope? Yeah... Sure that sounds legit to me. Who are you?

"I am the guardian of hope and I am here to serve you, The Champion of Hope on your mighty quest," Right... Where are you?

"I am in the machete," Got it... Well... I have a question... Can you see?

"I have awareness of my surroundings, but I don't technically s-" Yeah yeah... Don't care how it actually works. Are you capable of letting me... Have awareness of my surroundings through you?

"Yes I can," Awesome! Ah... There we go... I can see again... Yep I was right. This is a beach. Nice beach too. Definitely doesn't look like a prison... Er... There are two suns in the sky... Is that normal?

"Yes" Okay well this is a different realm... So, you mentioned a quest... What do I need to do?

"To start with if you head away from the beach you should find a small town. The people there could use your help. They are weak and fearful and threatened by foul creatures that raid their town in the night,"

Weak and fearful, huh? Well that sounds fun...

"Champion?"

Nothing let us go... "Help" these poor people.  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment